Monday 31 March 2014

Foods Finds to cure the boredom

Since the beginning of January, I have been on Simple Start with the flex program and loving it.  However, I have found myself to be eating the same foods over and over and that includes sweet treats.  Last week I started to get bored by it all, the food and knowing exactly what's for my next meal, right down to my treats. 

It got boring, and I don't like being bored. When I get bored with my food, it usually leads to a complete break down and eating anything sugary in sight, just so that I can feel naughty again.  

Also, I eat more when I'm bored, not that I actually am bored with 2 children, but when I feel bored, I will usually try to eat the boredom away. It starts to picking, which leads to the binge, in for a penny, in for a pound and all that. 

Boredom is actually a validated reason why people eat.  Of course there are lots of other chores or activity that we could be doing, but sometimes it's easier to eat your way through the house while your thinking of how you can cure your boredom. 

I know I am not alone it, most experts say that people don't even realise what there eating when eating out of boredom. 

After an utterly spectacular break out 2 weeks ago, I decided that it was time for a change. I was still doing Simple Start but I was going to make sure that my treats actually were treats and stop eating foods that bored me silly. 

It the same foods over and over again doesn't satisfy me and leaves me feeling wanting.  I decided that I was going to take control and just get on with it.  I may be a WeightWatcher for life but I was not going to be a bored WeightWatcher. 

So I went on the hunt again for some nice treats and I was quite surprised by some of the new food finds. 

I found these in Lidl, now the dark chocolate and ginger was not my cup of tea in the slightest and but the Almond and orange one was delicious.  4 squares worked out at 3 Propoints.  I shaved the squares and mixed them with some tinned mandarins and some Greek Yogurt and it was delicious. 

It only cost 3 propoints for a scrumptious and large dessert, so well worth getting and it was less than E2.00


I found these in Supervalu and I was really surprised that both the chocolate and the Fruit and Nut of the Chewy Trail Mix bars work out at only 3 Propoints, these are really filling and gorgeous, you actually feel like you have eaten something . 



It's nearly that time of year again, Easter, and chocolate is not the only treat on our minds.  Hot Cross Buns, they look innocent but actually they can be very high in Propoints.  If you really want one, Marks and Spencer have their own Mini Luxury ones and there really tasty.  Each one has a propoints value of 2 but be careful, there's nine in a pack, so make sure that you buy them when you know that your going to be able to share. 


Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have to!



1 comment: