Monday 2 September 2013

Chicken Fried Rice and the winner is?




Thank you all so much for your entries.  They were all so interesting to read, and it really gave me some perspective on the direction of the blog. 

There was also some great recipe posts for the Actifry.

I'm very pleased to announce that the winner of the Tefal Actifry is...


Drum roll please...

Mary Dunne

Mary please pm me with your address and I will confirm that the Actifry will be winging it's way to you very shortly. 

I love that your trying to lead your daughters into healthy eating.

There were so many to choose from.  This was not about adding a whole load of people to my friends list, because really I don't care about that at all.  I would prefer that the people who do come and view the blog, do so because they want to and they get something valuable from it.  

I wish that I could have had a couple more giveaways because there were a couple that we found so difficult to choose from. 

So thank you all. 

.... I hope that you enjoy your actifry and keep me posted on any recipes that you make with it. 

This recipe I actually got from a reader who makes this with her own actifry and I just had to try it myself. 

Utterly delicious. 



Weight Watchers Propoints per serving 10
Weight Watchers Propoints per recipe 20
Serves 2 
Filling & Healthy

Ingredients 

1 Tbl sesame oil
Half an onion sliced
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 tsp grated ginger
1 medium chicken breast diced
120 g of cooked wholegrain rice
40 g of frozen garden peas
1 carrot grated
1 Tbl soya sauce
1 Tbl of Hoisin Sauce
2 spring onion sliced finely
Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions

Pour the oil into the actifry and cook for 2 minutes.  Add the garlic, ginger and chicken breast.  Set the actifry for 6 minutes.  Add the rice and cook for a further 3 minutes.  

Pour in the peas, grated carrot and add the soya sauce and hoisin sauce and cook for a further 2 minutes. 

Season with salt and pepper and serve with the sliced spring onions. 



Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have to!


No comments:

Post a Comment