Sunday 9 February 2014

Simple Start Lunch

Lunch ideas can run pretty thin sometimes and it's the one meal that you really need to be satisfied with because it's what's going to get you from breakfast till dinner without all of that picking that we can sometimes do. 

I noticed that I eat a lot of carbs, a lot more than what I actually need.  It's not that I thinks carbs should be banished from your diet, no where near that, but I was eating more carbs than any other food group.  So I wondered what would happen if I start having more meat with my carbs and salad.  I stayed full, which I was surprised at. 

However, there is only so much ham that one can consume without getting bored silly with it. 

I know that there is a lot to be said for routine but what happens when you want something a little more exciting, do we think of a plain chicken breast? no, our horns appear and we start to imagine what we could have. 

Life is too short for dull boring food, so don't have it.  Spice it up, just make sure it's lightened up. 

Ingredients

1 Chicken breast, sliced in the middle to make a butterfly shape
1 tsp of olive oil
2 Tbl of natural yogurt
Salt and pepper
1 tsp of lemon juice
1 Tbl of Garlic Italian seasoning

Directions

Place the chicken breast , already sliced and shaped into a bowl.  Add the all of the ingredients and mix together until it is well combined.  Cover with cling film and allow it to marinate for at least 4 hours but over night if possible. 

Line the grill with tin foil.  Grill the marinated chicken for roughly 4 minutes on each side, or until it is no longer pink in the middle. 

Place on a bagel slim with some salad and it's delicious. 

If your in work, make the night before and just lightly heated it up in the microwave, while your waiting for you bagel to toast. 


Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment