Tuesday 25 February 2014

Food Finds

It's a while since I blogged a post on sweet treat food finds.  I am still on the Flex program, Simple Start plus your 49 weeklies, so I have really been watching what I am spending my 49 on.  I want them to go a long way.  So here is what I have been finding helpful at stretching out those weeklies. 


A member of mine brought these into me, they are the really large bag of crisps, like Dorritos size.  Each bag has a propoints value of 9, so these are great for movie nights if you have friends round.  There is original flavour, barbeque, and sour cream and chives and I bought them in Dunnes Stores for around E1.50 so really good value. 


Metcalfes Skinny Popcorn.  The sweet and salty one is 3 propoints for the mutlipack bag and it's like sugary salty popcorn, it doesn't sound nice but there absolutely gorgeous and great if you want a change from just normal popcorn. 


Lidl Fairglobe Chocolate.  Really large squares.  One large square is 2 Propoints but 2 squares is 3 propoints.  The dark chocolate one is great for grating over desserts and it really is gorgeous. 

A 6 pack of coconut logs is E1.00 in Dunnes and these are lovely, it's marshmallow dipped in chocolate and rolled in coconut flakes.  Each log has a propoints value of 1 or you can have 2 of them for 3 propoints but really worth it. 



Really large rice cakes covered in chocolate chip and each one is 1 propoint and it does actually fill you, or at least curb the cravings.  If you have 2 of them it does work out at 3 propoints. 


This is gluten free and a Mexican spiced coating for chicken.  It's gorgeous and really nice in a wrap.  This works out at 1 Propoint for 1/8th of the pack.  I wasn't sure if this would work out as good value but it really was.  I actually used 6 chicken breasts which I diced and each pieced was coated fully.  I bought this in Dunnes. 


Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have to!


No comments:

Post a Comment