Tuesday 29 October 2013

Some proper food before the junk lands on our trunk


Yea we all know it's on it's way, we all plan to be good and then we buy a bag of crap and then we eat it.  Not this year.  I'm spooked enough.  I started doing toning exercises and I have gained weight?  So I can tell you 20 minutes with the Medi Ball I think it's called is enough to make me think that there is no way on earth I'm ruining this for crap that I don't even enjoy. 

Anyway, even more tempting than crap junk is the hot food counters and still possibly junk but tasty convenient food. 

Sometimes it is so tempting just to buy food that you just unwrap and place in the oven, especially for the busy mid week dinners.  

Somebody on facebook asked me if I had a recipe for Chicken Kiev last week and I kept thinking about it.  I really didn't have the time for fuss and flapping and I just thought of the Schnitzel I made a while back and thought something like that might work. 

Now I had very little in my fridge and even less time, but it worked, I ate it, the other half ate it and even the kids.  

This worked a lot more than I thought it would and I didn't need an awful lot of ingredients so it's a win win situation. 

I also used the Dubliner Light Cheese that we sampled in class last week.  The strong sharp cheese really worked.  I know it's small but sometimes a little of something that has full flavor is better than a lot of nothing. 



Plus you get a Euro off and it's so lovely with crackers. 

Anyway here is my Chicken Kiev Nip Tucked.

WeightWatchers Propoints per Kiev 6
WeightWatchers Propoints per recipe 11
Serves 2 

Ingredients

2 medium chicken breasts
1 slice of calorie controlled breaded, toasted and cooled
1 slice of Dubliner Light red cheese slices
2 tsp of Philidelphia Garlic & Herb spread
1 Tbl of garlic granules
Salt & Pepper 
1 tsp of smoked paprika
2 Tbl of slimline milk
1 tsp of flour
Spray oil 

Directions

Break up the toast, cheese salt, pepper and spices  into a food processor and pulse until it looks like break crumbs.   Pour onto a large plate. 

Pre heat the oven to gas mark 5.

Slice the chicken on its side so that you can open it out like a butterfly but make sure that you don't cut all of the way.  Place a tsp of the garlic & herb Philidelphia into each breast and then close over so they look like a normal chicken breast. 

Pour a Tbl of milk over each breast.  Then using a very tiny sieve or a tea strainer, shake the flour on both sides of the chicken breasts. 

Roll each breast into the bread mix and pat down as you roll. 

In a large saute pan, over a medium heat, mist with spray oil.  When hot but not smoking, place the chicken onto the pan and brown on both sides.  Place in the oven uncovered for 15 minutes. 

I served with butternut squash chips from the actifry and a side salad. 




Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment