Thursday 11 July 2013

Summer Spiced Chicken Salad & my summer body confidence

Cold spiced creamy chicken with spring onions and chopped tomato.  Perfect for spreading on some wheaten bread or crackers.
Is it just me, or with this beautiful weather, is eating structured meals harder?  Forget lunch, I want an ice cream, like a 99 or a brunch.  Unfortunately my stomach was not having any of it and I still got hungry.  My usual crazy eating train turned into a derailment train.  So I have put the breaks on and made up some of this and that way I have no excuse to go hungry and turn into a gremlin in the kitchen. 

I actually thought to myself today that I need a different bikini because I only have the one!  Hello, I have never in my adult life had that thought.  BIKINI.  I need more than one. 

Firstly, I am still in Ireland, and what a beauty of a place it is with the sun shining! 

Secondly, my backside in a bikini is a rarity in itself.  What used to happen on holidays was that I would be in the pool for hours, I love the pool, but when it was time to get out of the pool I turned into Mission Impossible. 

I would scan the area to see who was there and who might be looking.  Then I would see where the nearest exit from the pool to where the my sun lounger was.  Then I would spot the black sarong, because it was always black.  

Then I would go as fast as I could when the coast was clear, without trying to be noticed by anyone and while dripping wet, I would wrap the sarong around me and dive on to the sun lounger.  Mission complete with dripping sweat just for effect, you know!

So today, as I had this thought, I was in my RED bikini and a short skirt standing in my garden.  No mission impossible, no nervousness, It was just a random thought.  It was a brilliant moment. 

Now please, don't think I was standing there looking like Halle Berry in James Bond, I have 2 children and I'm the colour of Slim Line Milk, white with a hint of blue from lack of sun, but I don't mind. 

People talk a lot about excess skin.  I have to scream it EXCESS SKIN.  It drives me insane.  "Where is all of your excess skin?" I get asked all the time.  My response.  It's in my back pack on my back, that's why it takes me so long to go to the loo.  It takes a while to stick it all back in there! 

I know, I'm being grumpy Claire again.  I don't know where it went to, I didn't give it a map and directions and tell it where to go and I definitely don't want it finding me. 

If you loose weight steadily, and exercise moderately, you wont have the perfect body but you will have a good enough body without looking like something from last of the ghouls. 

So inbetween the moaning, I had my first ever body confidence day today, In my whole life! 

So if I can get it, anyone can go and get it. 

So the recipe.  Well I was making this while I was camping back in May and It was gorgeous. 

Yesterday, however, I turned into the dust bin and ate all the left overs.  The reason being, I was not eating anything structured because of the heat, I love to say those words.  So I have made this up for today and that way lunch is at hand and still nice and cold. 

WeightWatchers Propoints per serving 3
WeightWatchers Propoints per recipe 5
Serves 2 

Ingredients

1 cooked chicken breast
4 Tbl of Lighter than Light Mayo
1/2 tsp of Dijon mustard
Salt & pepper 
1/2 tsp chili flakes
3 spring onions chopped
1 small tomato diced finely, removing the wet inner parts

Directions

Shred the chicken with 2 forks.  Mix the mayo and the Dijon mustard together, season with salt, pepper and chili flakes.  Incorporate the shredded chicken with the mayo sauce.  Add the spring onions and the diced tomato and stir to combine.  

Place in the fridge for an hour.  Stir and taste to see if needs more salt.  

I served mine with Dunnes Stores wheaten bread.  Each slice is 2 Propoints and for 2 slices it 4 Propoints. 


Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have to!

4 comments:

  1. Yum! And fantastic.. Celebrate the non scale victories!! You were hiding long enough.. Embrace the new you! You're fab!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks skinny doll and your right I really was in hiding and I love beenn out in the open :-)

      Delete
  2. You rock honey love your confidence and going to try recipe tomorrow it looks lush x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, let me know what you think of the recipe.

      Delete