Thursday 20 June 2013

Fruit & Dark Mint Chocolate

Stewed apple with cinnamon and vanilla, a crunchy topping of oat bran with fresh raspberries and dotted with melting dark mint chocolate throughout.

Be still my beating heart...

As you have probably guessed by now, there is not a dentist in the country who could remove my sweet tooth, however, I do try to ensure that there is some healthy aspects to my sweet diet. 

I have been on the Filling & Healthy plan for the last week.  No you do not need to do a week but I kinda got into it and was enjoy it. 

Initially I had thought that I would have to restrict my foods while I was doing it and decided that I would stick to it for a couple of days because I was nervous that I would have angel wings for the day that I was doing it and then wake up with a pair of devils horns the following day. 

I still sometimes lack the trust in myself and my own capabilities when it comes to food.  The idea of no portion limitations and eating until I was satisfied, made me feel like I would be skating on thin ice. 

It's funny to think that even though I have on WeightWatchers for over 6 years and only just felt that my food would be restricted now while trying a new plan.  

It wasn't so much of a restriction, rather a different approach and one which I recommend that you all try at least once.  I found that I wasn't picking in-between meals because I had ate enough at meal times.  I realised that I actually limit the amount of real proper food that I eat to save propoints for a sweet junk treat. I have learned that I pay a high price for a sugar hit. 

With saying that I still did look for something sweet but only once per day instead of the usual 2 or 3 times.  So I looked at what I could have on the Filling & Healthy and then add a little dash of something sweet to it. This hit the spot and not only with me but with my family aswel. 

This is definitely worth it and I would recommend that you make extra stewed apple because it is delicious and would be lovely with crumpets in the mornings aswel. 

WeightWatchers Propoints per serving 3
WeightWatchers Propoints per recipe 3
Serves 1

The stewed apple serves 4



Ingredients

For the stewed apple, this serves 4 

4 Pink Lady Apples
2 sticks of cinnamon
1 tsp of vanilla essence
Sweetener 
100 mls 7 Up free 

For the actual dessert

Stewed apple
1 Tbl of oat bran
A handful of washed raspberries
1 square of dark mint chocolate, grated or shaved

Directions

For the stewed apple

Peel and core the apples and chop the apples up and place into a pot. Pour the 7 Up over the apples. Add the cinnamon, vanilla essence and sweetener.  Place over a medium heat and allow it to start to bubble and then reduce heat to low and stew for about 15 minutes. 

Spoon a quarter of the apple into a bowl,  sprinkle the oat bran onto the apple.  Add the raspberries and then scatter the grated chocolate over the entire dish. 


Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have to!



No comments:

Post a Comment