Wednesday 19 June 2013

Cream Sauce

Thick, creamy and smooth white sauce, with a hint of Italian spices.  Add this to any Italian dish for a creamy texture or use to layer on your lasagne.  



Creamy white sauce that is part of the Filling & Healthy Plan or 1 Propoint for half a pot of it on the Propoints Plan.  This is nothing short of genius.

Creamy sauce is something that I'm not a huge fan of, but I do like it to add texture to some meals.  This week I have been on the Healthy and Filling plan and it has been going really well.  However, I was getting to the stage where I thought that I was going to turn into a tomato, because a lot of what I was eating was part of a tomato base.  

I spotted a recipe for this on Pinterest a while back but I couldn't find again and I never saved it.  I don't think that this is exactly the recipe but its my version of the sauce. 

It really is thick and creamy and its so versatile.  It will suit anything that your making as you just change the seasonings to suit the meal. 

WeightWatchers Propoints per serving 0 or 0 on the Filling & Healthy Plan
WeightWatchers Propoints per Recipe 2
Serves 6 

Ingredients

1 head of cauliflour 
2 cloves of garlic minced
2 stalks of leeks, sliced into rings 
Spray Oil
Salt & Pepper 
100mls slim line milk

Directions

Boil the cauliflour until it is very soft.  In the mean time, in a large non stick pan, mist with spray oil and over a medium heat, add the leeks.  Reduce heat and cook until the leeks are soft.  Once soft add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.  Remove from the heat. 

Using a slotted spoon, place the cauliflour into a blender, add about 4 Tbl of the cauliflour water.  Add the leeks and garlic.  Season with salt & pepper and slowly add the milk little by little and blending in the mean time.  Blend until you have a smooth creamy sauce. 

At this point, I added in garlic Italian spices as I was having this with chicken, mushrooms and pasta.  Pour the sauce over your meal or use as a lasagne sauce. 


Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have to!

1 comment:

  1. This looks great and I think I am going to have to try it - could be great for a parsley sauce to go with fish! Cauliflower is incredibly versatile - surprises me every time.

    ReplyDelete