Tuesday 29 January 2013

Weight Watcher Lunch Sandwiches



Tomato, spring onion in creamy mayonnaise and salad cream with sliced ham and lettuce on whole wheat brown bread.  Add a bowl of zero propoint soup and a pack of crisps and for 8 Weigh Watchers Propoints you have yourself a gorgeous lunch. 


I was at a party on Friday and they had salad sandwiches, and I really wanted to just fall into the try and only come up for air when completely necessary.  Well I kind of fell into so I will that damage out tomorrow.  The next day though I decided that I was going to try and make my own just nipped and tucked so that In future there could be some damage control. 

Have you ever gone into a deli and ordered a sandwich, asked for mayo and its so nice but yet you can never seem to get that same mayo for at home.  Well that's what I was trying to make.  It is really difficult. 

However, I did get to make a really nice creamy mayo for the spread.  

I used Veronica's Crisps Barbecue flavour with these and it was divine.  Tomorrow I will be doing a product review of the crisps and a gorgeous dinner recipe made with the crisp, but more of that tomorrow.    



Weight Watchers Propoints per serving 5 for the sandwich on its own 8 including the Crisps
Serves 1

Ingredients

For the Mayo

1 Tbl of Lighter than Light Mayo
1 tsp of real salad cream (full fat)

1 Tomato chopped really thinly but remove the wet part of the tomato
4 spring onions sliced finely
1 Slice of deli sliced ham (I got mine in Superquinn)
A handful of sandwich iceberg lettuce
A handful of rocket
Salt & pepper to taste

2 Slices of calorie controlled bread (I used Hovis Nimble)
1 tsp of Flora Propactive

Directions

In a bowl mix the mayo and the salad cream together until combined.  Add the chopped tomato and spring onion into the mix and stir.  Allow this to sit for about 15 minutes. 

Butter the bread.  Layer the ham and then spread half of the tomato mix onto the ham.  Top with lettuce and and rocket and another slice of buttered bread. 


Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have to!

2 comments: