Wednesday 30 January 2013

Veronica's Crisps and Dinner





I was given a really gorgeous treat this week.  I was in contact with Veronica's Snacks.

There a new Irish owned company based in Cork.  Their crisps are gluten free and have only 3 Weight Watchers Propoints per bag.  

I was sent a Happiness Hamper of their crisps and a gorgeous Veronica's Snacks carrier bag which I just adore and so far this week it has been everywhere with me, work, kids swimming lessons and shopping, so it definitely is durable. 

These crisps where especially appropriate in my household because, Im following the Weight Watchers Plan and my father is on a gluten free diet, so they were really being tested.  

There are two flavors, sour cream, herb & onion and barbecue flavor.  I just adored the barbecue flavor, but my children loved the sour cream, herb & onion.  

My Dad, who is particularly fussy.  He actually doesn't eat pasta, rice or noodles, they are foreign food, yes he is of that generation, meat, 2 veg.  So, bearing this in mind, he just does not eat crisps because he says and I quote "there texture is like communion bread" however, on this occasion he said nothing but ate the pack.  This silence is praise indeed.  They have definitely passed the Niptuck household test.  So this evening  Im going to bring the remainder packs into my Weight Watchers meeting, because otherwise, I will definitely need a Niptuck myself. 

For information on where to find Veronica's Crisps click here

I have had a recipe knocking around in my head for a while and I decided that Veronica's Barbecue flavor crisps were perfect for this recipe. 


Weight Watchers Propoints per serving 7
Weight Watchers Propoints per recipe 28
Serves 4

Ingredients

2 medium potatoes, sliced very thinly
1 can of Erin Low Fat Condensed Mushroom Soup
2 Chicken Breasts sliced down the middle to make butterfly wings from each breast and then halve
2 Tbl of grated low fat cheese
1 pack of Veronica's Barbecue flavor crisps
Salt & pepper
Spray Oil

Directions 

In a large non stick pan, mist with a little spray oil over a medium to high heat.  When hot add in the sliced potatoes and fry until they start to soften and char on both sides.  You may need to do this in two batches. 

Pre heat the oven to gas mark 5.

Divide the sliced potatoes into 4 lines on a baking tray.  Top each quarter with a chicken half.  Divide the mushroom soup between the 4. 

Crush the Veronica's crisps up and then sprinkle over each and then divide the cheese between them.

Salt and pepper to taste. Cover with tin foil and place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.  Remove the tin foil and bake for 10 more minutes. 



Serve with a mixed salad or green vegetables. 

Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have to!


No comments:

Post a Comment