Friday 25 January 2013

Weightwatchers Style Rice Pudding

A Little Treat





Baked creamy vanilla rice pudding with a dash of cinnamon for a nice warm treat.



I make this a lot, not because it's my favorite, but my other half and children love this.  I initially made this for my brother who just loves rice pudding and he asked if I could make it the way my Nana used to.  Well even though Nana was a thin lady, I really don't know how she was.  

There was cream, eggs, milk and a bowlful of sugar, topped with raisins for goodness and then cinnamon for your blood sugars, as I'm presuming that one's sugar levels would fly off the Richter scale after Nana's version. 

This is what I made and It's not too far from the instructions on the back of rice pudding grains, I just lightened it up with the milk and added a dash of this and a splash of that. 

I'm aware that rice pudding is not everyone's cup of tea, it's really not mine, but I thought that for those of you who do enjoy it, this might be a way for you to still have it. 

Weight Watchers Propoints per serving 3
Weight Watchers Propoints per recipe 13
Serves 4




Ingredients

42g of Shamrock pudding rice 
1/2 litre slimline milk (I used Lidl skimmed uht milk)
2 Tbl of Flora Proactive
2 Tbl of sugar
1 tsp good vanilla extract
1/8 tsp of mixed spice 
1 children's 20g box of raisins also from Shamrock
Spray Oil



 Directions

Mix the milk and vanilla extract together. Give a stir and set aside.  

Rinse the rice under cold water. 

Mist a dish with spray oil and use your hand to rub along the bowl.   Place the rice, raisins and sugar into the bowl.  Pour the milk over the rice.  Add the mixed spice and give a stir.  Drop the butter into the mix. 

Bake in the oven at gm 3 for 2 to 2  1/2 hours.  Stir occasionally during the first hour.  

Once ready serve with a dash of cinnamon on top or serve with baked fruits if you like. 



Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment