Thursday 13 December 2012

Weightwatchers Friendly Christmas Pudding

Soak me in Whiskey and set me alight.


Maybe this would be stretching daily allowance to the max. 
Love it or hate it, Christmas pudding is part of the whole festivities but how much will this cost you Propoints wise?




I've heard recently, various ways in which people like to have their pudding.  Fried, mixed with ice cream, with brandy cream, custard, hot, cold and I even heard of someone who likes to use pudding as a sandwich filler?Each to their own. 

I'm not a huge fan, however, I do like the smell of Christmas pudding wafting throughout the house in the run up to Christmas also I'm fond of a little nibble on Christmas night.

This delicious recipe for mini individual Christmas puddings was again, given to us all by my leader and what a treat they are.  

I made a couple of changes because, I like my pudding with Guinness and Whiskey but you could use either or depending on your taste. 

Also I don't have any small tea cups so I used baby feeding bowls and they worked out fine

Weightwatchers Propoints per serving 4
Weightwatchers Propoints per recipe 32
Serves 8

Ingredients


1 egg
300 g Mixed fruit
50 g dark brown sugar
zest & juice of a lemon and an orange
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1  teaspoon mixed spice
100 mls of strong cold tea
100g fresh white breadcrumbs (5 slices of Weightwatchers bread)
60 ml of Stout
60 mls of Whiskey (I used Jameson)
pinch of salt
spray oil

Directions 


Wash the dried fruit in boiling water, drain well and soak in tea and the alcohol overnight.  The following day, add all the other ingredients and mix thoroughly. 

Pre heat the oven at 175/gm 6.  Line the inside of 8 small [4 oz/100g] pudding bowls or tea cups with spray oil and cover with cling film.  divide the mix evenly between them and cover well with more cling film. Place them in a deep roasting dish and pour 4 cm/2 inches of water into the tin. I measured this rather loosely and just poured the water until it was a third way up the side of the bowls I used. 

Place a sheet of grease proof paper over the top of the puddings and cover the top of the roasting dish with tin foil. 

Seal well and place in the oven for 1 ½ to 2 hours. 

Cool before turning out. Allow the puddings to dry out, for about an hour and then wrap in grease proof paper to store. 




Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment