Friday 7 December 2012

A Perfect Baked Potato

With Cheese Please!



How to get that perfect crisp skin on the outside with a floury potato on the inside. 


Im aware that this sounds like such a silly post.  A baked potato! how hard can it be to make one, right?  Well actually, I have had the experience whereby I wrap the potato in tin foil, place it in the oven and a whole hour later, I have a rock for dinner.  

Then I have made them in the microwave which is not bad at all but no crisp on the skin.  This week I have learned a valuable lesson.  The mince pies, Christmas cake, the tins, yes the tins of various different delights and snowballs.  Lord, I love a snowball.  There everywhere, I actually feel like their spying on me, winking at me and flirting.

The lesson , have a proper lunch and I really didn't feel the temptation have as bad because I genuinely had a full tummy.  

Now lunches in my house can either be a feast or a famine depending on what's happening on the day.  Well I learned that to actually make a proper baked potato took 10 mins prep max and well I'm not sitting in the cooker while its cooking.  I could go on about my business. 

Weightwatchers Propoints per Serving 6
Weightwatchers Propoints per Recipe 6 
Serves 1

Ingredients

1 medium potato, using the guide in the Weightwatchers Bookl
Spray Oil
Sea Salt

Directions

Preheat your oven to gas mark 5.

Wash the potato well and pat dry.  Pierce the potato 3 times with a fork on both sides.  Mist with spray oil and then using a brush, cover the potato with the oil.  Sprinkle some sea salt on top and then place on a tray in the oven for 50 minutes.

Remove from the oven and using a knife cut down the middle but not too deep.  

After this, the possibilities are endless.  I put a teaspoon of Flora Proactive into the potato and then 1 Tbl of grated Lidl cheese and 1 Denny Streaky rasher broken up ontop and then place back into the oven for 5 minutes and I had buttery melted cheese baked potato and then I added Half of Heinz Beans pot on the side and it was absolutely beautiful.  

I got all of this for 9 Weightwatchers Propoints.  Of course you can add whatever you choose. 





Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have too!

No comments:

Post a Comment