Friday 23 November 2012

Weightwatchers Creamy Mexican

Fake Away Nandos 

Creamy Spicy warm chicken and rice Chilli.  Exactly what's needed for these winter weekends in.

I love Nandos, I actually went there last week out in Blachardstown and it was beautiful.  Sometimes you just need an injection of Spice and Nandos definitely provides that.  Even better, we found out that it was their Training day as they weren't officially open yet and we got the whole meal for E4.00, now I think that in Weightwatchers terms it might not have been the wisest choice but hey it was my weeklies and I really enjoyed it. 

After my Nandos experience, I decided that I needed to have some home cooked Mexican.  Now I need to tell you that I was really in a hurry, it was 8 in the evening and I was famished and had nothing in to make so I actually had to go shopping aswel.  So I grabbed what I could that would take the least amount of time to cook and I feel that I actually got a really tasty Mexican meal.

I had got this idea from the interenet http://rita-may-recipes.blogspot.ie/2011/11/crock-pot-cream-cheese-chicken-chile.html

I made a couple of adjustments just to suit better into my Weightwatchers lifestyle but I have her picture because its much nicer than mine and I wanted you too see this as it should be seen and not what I produce while im starving and hurrying. 

Weightwatchers Propoints per Serving 8
Weightwatchers Propoints per recipe 31
Serves 4

Ingredients

Spray Oil
1 Onion finely diced
1 Tbl of Garlic powder
1 and a half cans of chopped tomatoes
2 packs of Green Farm Torn Cajun Chicken
Half a small can of Sweetcorn
Half a can of chilli beans (I used Bachelors)
1 small punnet of mushrooms
3 small tubes of Philidelphia Extra Light (90g in total)
1 Tbl of Nandos Peri chip Sprinkles 
1 tsp of Coriander 
1 Pack of Express Uncle Bens Rice 
Salt and Pepper to taste 

Directions

In a large Pot, mist with spray oil over a medium heat.  When hot, add the onions and the garlic powder and saute until translucent about 3 minutes and then add in all of the other ingredients and seasoning except for the coriander.  




Cook over a low to medium heat for about 15 minutes, while stirring every so often.  All your really doing is heating everything up so cook until you have a consistency that you like. 




Add the coriander and stir and then serve with some warm Tortillas or Naan bread.




Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment