Friday 2 November 2012

Weightwatchers Pumpkin Style Latte

Creamy, spiced latte, just the trick to warm you up

 

Has anyone tried the Pumpkin Spiced Latte's from Starbucks?  Their absolutely gorgeous and I'm not a tea or coffee type person but these are quite addictive. 

That's until I realized that 1 of these little treats are actually more of a trick because a medium one has a propoints value of 8 Propoints!  Now that's spooky.

Now that is a lot to spend on a coffee of any kind, I mean 8 and I'm not eating anything, I'd rather pass on that one.  

However, I decided to see if I could do this myself with a much more Weight Watchers friendly outcome. 

Its Sunday, it's freezing out and this will definitely warm you up and I think its perfect for a Lazy Sunday.


Weightwatchers Propoints per Serving 4
Weightwatchers Propoints per Recipe 8
Serves 2 

Ingredients

For the pumpkin spice

1 Tbl of Cinnamon
1 tsp of Ginger
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp All Spice

For the Latte


3 tbsp ground coffee
1 tbsp pumpkin spice
1000 ml of boiling water
400 ml Slimline milk (I used Lidl Skimmed Milk) and ½ a tsp of vanilla extract
2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
50ml of Lidl Linessa Spray Cream 



Directions

In a coffee percolator, well this is how I use mine, place the coffee and the pumpkin spice mix.  Pour in the boiling water and allow to sit for a couple of minutes.  

Mix the vanilla extract and the milk together. I like to heat the milk up slightly but this is optional. 

In the meantime, put 1 Tbl of maple syrup into each glass.  Push the strainer down of your coffee pot and fill each glass 3 quarters way up and stir well.   Pour the milk into both glasses.  Pour 25 ml onto each glass.  This is roughly just short of 2 measured Tbl of cream.

Finish with a sprinkling of cinnamon.


Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment