Weightwatchers Lemon Meringue Pie 4 Pro Points
Pastry crust smothered in citrus lemon filling and topped with a coconut meringue and all for a Weightwatchers Pro Points Value of 4.
This is heaven and although its not a particularly Irish dish Mother's Day is this Sunday and by Sunday we all possibly be Irish'd out so i thought as a treat for all those mammy's that's on a Weightwatchers friendly diet, this would be perfect.
My mother actually had it and said it was delicious and she is picky about her cakes and pies.
So i also said that i would match a song for each recipe this week so i went for this classic 80's from Heaven 17 "Temptation"
Weightwatchers Pro Points Per Serving 4
Weightwatchers Pro Points per Recipe 24
Preparation Time: 70 minutes
- 90 grams Flour, white
- 2 tablespoons Sugar, white, confectioner's, powdered
- 3 Tablespoons Flora Pro Active
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 medium eggs Egg, white only, raw
- 1 large Egg, yolk, raw, fresh
- 1 100g Lemon Pie Filling
- 40 grams Coconut meat, dried, sweetened, flaked or shredded
- 1/4 tsp Leavening agents, cream of tartar
- Spray Oil
For the Crust,
- Pre heat the oven to gas mark 4
- Mix the flour, powdered sugar and flora pro active together Combine into fine breadcrumbs
- Turn out into a flat surface
- Roll out with a rolling pin so that it will fit a round baking tray Spray a little spray oil onto the tray
- Cover the tray with the dough and pat down and flatten down
- Create a lip to go unto the sides of the tray
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
For the Lemon Pie Filling,
- In a pans mix the sachet of lemon Pie Filling and the egg yolk together with a whisk
- Over a medium heat continue whisking until it starts to bubble and boil
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute
- Remove from heat and allow to cool
- When cooled pour into the pie crust
For the Meringue,
- In a large bowl add the egg whites, cream of tartar and sugar together
- Whisk with an electric whisk for roughly 8 minutes until soft peaks are forming
- Add in the coconut and stir with a metal spoon
- Smother the pie with the meringue
- Place in the oven at gas mark 5
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the meringue starts to crisp and turn golden
- Leave to settle for 20 minutes before serving Can be served warm or cold.
Enjoy the Niptuck way so you don't have too!
For anybody that are on various diets i will try to give as much nutritional information so that you can see for yourselves whats in an ingredient.
Nutrition Info (per serving)