Friday 24 January 2014

Simple Start Marmalade

I had been making the WeightWatchers Simple Start raspberry jam which I was loving until I start craving marmalade.  I don't know if it is just me but always seem to crave the foods that aren't on the list. 

I actually think that at this stage, I generally want things that I shouldn't have. 

I have never heard of someone being committed to the Betty Ford clinic because they became addicted to say cooking apples?  but If I was told that cooking apples were bad for my health, I am sure that I would become addicted to it. 

Anyway, I got the craving for marmalade so I decided that I would try to use the same method for making the jam but just change the ingredients.  I did add sweetener to this because of the sweet tooth that I have but you don't have too.  

This did turn out to be really lovely, It's not like the marmalade that you get in a hotel but I have to say it really did curb my cravings and tasted lovely on a toasted crumpet. 

Free on the Simple Start Plan 
Free on the Propoints Plan

Ingredients

4 Tins of mandarins in Natural Juices, drained
1 pack of Orange Sugar free jelly
Sweetener to taste

Directions

In pot, empty the contents of the drained tins.  Place the pot over a low to medium heat for about 10 minutes and then mash the fruit until it is pulp like, or you could use a blender so that it is really smooth which is what I did.   Add the sweetener and stir well to combine.  Taste to see if it has the desired taste you want.   Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 10 minutes . 

Empty the sachet over the fruit and stir very well to combine, ensuring that there are no lumps at all.   Pour into a sterilised jar and allow to cool before placing the lid on it. 

Once cool, place in the fridge.  This will keep for up to 10 days in the fridge. 


Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have to!

1 comment:

  1. Yum yum, must try as I Love the raspberry jam, I find it saves me a lot when I feel like a sweet nibble! Will definitely try this one! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete