Tuesday 14 January 2014

Jacket Potato and Chicken topping


I had my first class last night with the results of Simple Start and I have to say that it was astonishing.   

For just the one of my classes, the total weight loss was 5 Stone 9 and a half pounds. 

Incredible, even for the 1st week of class after Christmas, most people stood on the scales and said that they would be surprised if they lost anything because they weren't hungry and didn't miss the treats that they would usually have. 

I actually had one member lose 9 pounds in the one week.  The member said that they just did what it said in the book, they decided not to get bogged down with specifics, they just did it and over a half stone down. 

I myself lost 5 pounds, which I am shocked because although I did stick to Simple Start, it was very limited, the crumpets was my main food group, but 5 pound with being extremely restricted is brilliant.  Now I just need to work the extra 3 pounds off and I am back to my Christmas weight. 

I'm at 5 days now without chocolate, crisps or biscuits, or anything sugary at all.  Simple Start was exactly what I needed to learn to trust myself without my usual comforts. 

How are you finding the programme?  Have you seen the results of it yet?  Let me know because I am loving how I feel on it and I love the results that my members are seeing on it. 

Back to lunch!

Lunch,  can be a very tricky meal.  We can get sucked into the trap of a sandwich and/or soup and that's it. Then after a while, it gets boring and those deli's start to look inviting.

Besides costing you a fortune money wise for a sandwich, it can be costly, WeightWatchers wise.

I have not used the mayo as a treat as I am now using my 49 Propoints, however, this doesn't add up to 1 propoint especially because it is divided in 2.  The choice is yours though. 

I usually do this during the summer to go on wraps but I never usually have this at winter time but I have found it so quick and easy, especially if your looking for food to bring into work. 

WeightWatchers Simple Start and Filling & Healthy
WeightWatchers Propoints per serving 3
WeightWatchers Propoints per recipe 5
Serves 2 

Ingredients

1 cooked chicken breast
3 Tbl of Lighter than Light Mayo
1/2 tsp of French mustard
Salt & pepper 
1/2 tsp chili flakes
3 spring onions chopped
Half a small can of sweet corn.

Directions

Shred the chicken with 2 forks.  Mix the mayo and the french mustard together, season with salt, pepper and chili flakes.  Incorporate the shredded chicken with the mayo sauce.  Add the spring onions and the sweet corn and stir to combine.  

Place in the fridge for an hour.  Stir and taste to see if needs more salt.  

I had pre baked my jacket potatoes in my slow cooker, so in work, this took 2 minutes to heat the potato and then topped it with my chicken salad and it was delicious. 


Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment