Wednesday 9 October 2013

Oktoberfest Wiener Schitzel


Oktoberfest.

Beer, bratwurst, schnitzel, all said in the most touristy German accent. 

I have to tell you all something, my other half is German, so we would go to Germany quite a lot and I love the food, however, when I'm in a restaurant and I'm asked if I want to have some Wiener Schnitzel, I cannot help but bust myself laughing.  

Childish I know, but I just think it's hilarious. Wiener Schnitzel, it's just funny.  Anyway, leaving my giddiness behind, what's not funny about Wiener Schnitzel is the propoints that one can contain. 

I'm just back from Germany where I really did over indulge in the schnitzel but yet I was craving it and with all the Oktoberfest food in Aldi I just couldn't resist. 

Now I went to my butchers for the pork tenderloins and got them to cut them so thin, as in the 4 of them weighed only 300 grams so really thin and I got the butcher to bash them up good and proper.  The best part was that the 4 of them only cost me E2.45 not bad for the meat at all. 

I had thought that this would take a lot of time to make but it was so much quicker than expected.  Plus my husband said that I should make them more often, so I will take that as authentic appreciation. 

WeightWatchers Propoints per serving 5
WeightWatchers Propoints per recipe 19
Serves 4  

Ingredients

4 very thin pork tenderloins 300g
2 slices of calorie controlled bread, toasted and allowed to go cold
1 Tbl garlic granules
1 tsp of smoked paprika
1 tsp oregano
Salt & pepper

1 egg, whisked,  
1 tsp of flour

Spray Oil

Directions

Place the toast, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper into a food processor and process until it look like bread crumbs.  Pour the bread crumbs into a shallow bowl.  In another bowl, whisk the egg and then on a large plate, place the tenderloins. 

Place the flour in a small tea sieve and sprinkle the flour all over the pork, turn the pork over and continue to sprinkle the flour until it is completely used up. 

Dip the pork lightly into the egg wash and then immediately dip into the bread crumb mix, turning to coat to entire pork. 

Mist the pork lightly with spray oil before you place into a large saute pan,  over a medium to high heat.  Cook for roughly 3 minutes.  Mist the side that is up with more spray oil and then turn and cook for a further 2 minutes. 

Remove from pan and serve with potatoes and sauerkraut.



Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment