Tuesday 16 April 2013

Banofee Pie

Biscuit crumble, caramel, layered banana and cream.  Now that's a mid week treat!

Talk about having a craving for this all week.  I could smell caramel and I felt that I really needed it, however I did not need the 20+ Propoints that one slice of Banofee could cost you on WeightWatchers.  So, I decided that I was going to give it a Nip Tuck and see what it was like. 

I'm not sure if it was because it has been a long while since I had this but it really was delicious and totally curbed the cravings.  I will definitely be making this again, maybe for a Sunday treat. 

This literally took 3 minutes at the most, so if you want a dessert in quick smart time, try this.  My only word of caution is that you only use 1 Tbl of caramel from the whole can.  So try to make this when you know that there will be other people there, so that you can actually use up the caramel.  Otherwise there is the risk that you may fall into the entire jar and not emerge until you have eaten the entire can. 

Weight Watchers Propoints per serving 4
Weight Watchers Propoints per recipe 4
Serves 1 

Ingredients 

1 Shorties biscuit
1 Tbl of canned shop bought caramel
1/4 banana sliced
30g Weight Watchers Thick Cream

Directions



Crumble the biscuit until it's very fine into a glass, leave a small amount of the crumbled biscuit aside.  



Pour the Tbl of caramel on top.  Layer with sliced banana.  



Pour the cream over the banana.  sprinkle the remainder of the biscuit on top. 


Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have to!

10 comments:

  1. I love banofee pie, I cant wait to try this version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delicious, definitely one to try when everyone's here for dinner, not sure I could trust myself with an open tin of caramel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmy looks very tasty. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I'm backtracking but just wondering could you help me out with some soup recipies - I've just made the mushroom soup from your blog and its absolutely delicious! But would love to make some of the zero point ones as well - just wanted to check, I know the mushroom soup is freezer friendly but are any of the other ones freezer friendly?? thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked the mushroom soup, the zero pp soup is very freezer friendly, I usually make a large pot and freeze what I don't need and just defrost them as I want it.

      Delete
    2. thanks a mil, this gives me another freezer friendly soup to use for lunches!

      Anita

      Delete
    3. I'm delighted you like it Anita

      Delete
  5. Can u freeze the caramel ?? ( in portions by itself , not made up )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny I'm not sure as I have never froze it but I think it would work, I don't see why you can't because you can freeze condensed milk, I'll see if I can find out a more definite answer and I'll let you know

      Delete