Monday 11 February 2013

Weight Watchers friendly Pancakes

Yum!


Fluffly pancakes with a hint of vanilla and cinnamon with melted peanut butter, chopped banana and dark chocolate shavings.  


Then you remember that your on Weight Watchers!  What if I told you that you could still have it, while not breaking your Weight Watchers bank. 


For me, there is nothing like the house smelling of pancakes on a dreary evening.  

For this Shrove Tuesday, I have scoured the internet looking for recipes that would help me have a really nice treat but a lot of them, actually most recipes no matter which way you put it, will cost you a lot of propoints.  

Now Im all for the notion of "If you enjoy it, spend the propoints of on it"  for your treats, however, I still feel that I want something that will fill me up.  1 pancake does not do that job in the slightest.  

I have a ferocious appetite and I do like to feel that my appetite has been satiated when I leave the table.  This recipe does this. 

For 4 Weight Watchers Propoints, I got 7 Pancakes. I actually only managed to have 3 of the pancakes because I really like my toppings and I have to say, I was full for hours afterwards.  Not that I was stuffed but it was the first time that I actually got the Filling and Healthy idea, because these are both.  

They are flourless, so if your on a GF diet these are definitely for you, but they don't taste like there different or texture is not weird.  It's just a really tasty pancake. 

If your looking for the original recipe go to www.anotherpoundlost.com 

Weight Watchers Propoints per serving 4
Weight Watchers Propoints per recipe 4
7 Pancakes in this serving



Ingredients

1 banana
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp of sweetener
1/2 tsp cinnamon


Directions

Whisk all of the ingredients together, either by hand or preferably in a blender.  It should be a smooth batter. 

Over a medium heat, mist a non stick pan with spray oil.  When the oil is hot, pour 2 Tbl of the batter onto the hot pan.   When bubbles start appearing and the batter goes a dull colour rather than shiny, flip the pancake over. 

Repeat until the batter is all used. 

Top with your favorite toppings and serve immediately. 


Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment