Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Year new you and a new challenge

2013 watch out


Well the 1st of January 2013 has arrived and almost everyone is talking about how this year will be different.  It will if you want it to!




I have to tell you, my journey started 2 weeks after Christmas.  So, it was the second Wednesday after New Years that I first went to Weightwatchers.  It was not my resolution to get to goal.  My resolution was to try and loose some weight so that I could fit into a size 18 pair of trousers.  That was it, no long term goal, my goal was to give it a chance.

This day 6 years ago, I was sitting at home, possible hungover, that's still the same if Im being honest but I was 9 stone 1 pound heavier and a lot less happier in myself.

This is the best day to really think about what you want to be different this year.  Nearly all of us will be put into bad situations that none of us have any control over, if you feel bad about your weight.  This you do actually have control with it.

It does not matter if you have ate a selection box and a Christmas Pudding every day since the 1st of December.  Its gone, you cannot change it, get over it.  

It starts today.  Make your changes, small one's like swapping butters, milk and sugars to more healthy alternatives will start the changes for you.  Start as you mean to go, give yourself the chance to try. 

With this in mind I'm currently setting myself a challenge. 

The challenge is to climb Carrountoohil  in County Kerry.  I have never climbed a mountain that could be called a descent, however I'm going to do this.  I had been thinking February but a lot of people are saying April and I agree that It may be better weather wise and also give me a chance to actually organise it. 

So I am asking you all to come and join my in climbing Carrountoohil with me.  If you would like to join in just Facebook me. 

This year, I will be cooking more and moving more because I'm still lazy.

My resolutions


  • Drink more water
  • Climb the Mountain
  • Kayak more
  • Spend more time playing with my kids and less time cleaning up after them
  • Maintain my weight and stay at goal


There are a few other one's but their personal, I don't know if Ill manage all of them but I sure will give them all a good shot. 

I hope everyone rang in the New Year with fun and I hope that this is going to be a great year for everyone. 


Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment