Thursday 8 November 2012

Weightwatchers Curry

Whats your Friday night Fake-away



Creamy spicy curry, thick and juicy without the raisins.  Now that's a curry.  All of this for 10 Weightwatchers Propoints.




There is nothing worse for me, than coming in on a rare night out and everyone eating curry.  I can literally feel my resolve dissolving like a Disperin inside me.  I do remember, coming home with a 2 in1, sometimes a 3 in 1.  Even now, near 6 years on and realising that I actually am not that fond of curry.  After having a little tipple, the smell alone makes me hungry. 

Now I have tried and tried to make a "curry" but to be honest, I never feel satisfied.  The majority of time, the taste is there but its thin, slightly watery and just not thick enough.

Then after an amalgamation of a few different recipes and some good recipe advise from my own super Weightwatchers leader.  I had it.  A curry that resembles an actual Fake Away whereby I felt satisfied.  

I would ask you to try this and let me know what you think?  Seriously this went down very well in my house and an even better aspect of it.  Weightwatchers Propoints including the rice is 10.  For the lot and if you want to have a naan bread with it you can.  If you want a 3 in 1 just add your butternut squash chips. 

I guarantee you will not be hungry after this.

Weightwatchers Propoints per Serving 10
Weightwatchers Propoints per Recipe 20
Serves 2

Ingredients 

1 Cooked chicken breast shredded or cubed, i prefer shredded
1 Tbl of Olive oil
Half an onion diced
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 Tbl of Garum Marsala 
1 Tbl of Curry Powder
1-1/2 tsp cumin
Half a tin of chopped tomatoes
1 Tbl coriander
200mls Light Coconut milk
1 can of Erin Low Fat Condensed Chicken Soup
1 can of Lidl Semi Skimmed Milk (use the soup can, wash it out with the milk)
Ground black pepper




1 Bag of Tesco Micro Rice  



Directions

In a large non stick pan, add oil over a medium heat.  When hot add in the onion and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes or until soft.  Add the garum marsala, curry powder and cumin and give a little stir.  Add the shredded chicken and toss to coat. 

Pour in the chopped tomatoes and the coriander and stir to coat.  Pour in the coconut milk and stir so that its thick.  Add ground pepper.  

In a separate jug , mix the condensed soup and the milk together and whisk until combined and thick.  Pour onto the pan and stir really well until its changes colour. 

Reduce heat to a low to medium and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.

In the meantime, pop the rice bag in the microwave for 4 minutes. 

Serve the rice with half of the curry.



Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment