Tuesday 16 October 2012

Weightwatchers Spicy Chorizo Stew

Spicy chorizo stew to warm up your tummy



Sometimes I find that the thoughts of making a stew every second week until the weather changes, bores me into submission.  So I decided to change it up to match the ingredients I had in because as I've said before, Monday's and Tuesday's in my house are poor days. 

I thought my other half would not really be into this but instead, he said its a keeper so I'm using this as my approval. 

Now I bought chorizo and it had no nutritional information on it, so i went by the Weight Watchers book which says that 30g is 2 Propoints. 

Weightwatchers Propoints per Serving 5
Weightwatchers Propoints per Recipe 18
Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Onion chopped
1 Celery stalk chopped
3 garlic cloves chopped
Half a medium head of cauliflour chopped
3 carrots chopped
3 Medium potatoes diced
1 Veg stock made up with 1 lt of boiling water
Half a pack so 150g of Dunnes Stores 95% fat free minced beef
60g of Spicy Chorizo chopped 
Spray Oil
Salt & Pepper
Half a tsp of Cumin
1 Tbl of Arrowmat Seasoning

Directions

In a large pan, lightly mist with Spray oil. Add in all of the veg season with salt and pepper to taste and add the arrowmat seasoning.
Cover over a medium heat until the veg are soft.  In the meantime.  Allow the stock cube to dissolve in the water.   Once the veg is soft, pour in the stock and put the heat up to high, cover and bring to a boil.

Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer for 20 minutes.  While the veg is simmering get another pan and mist lightly with spray oil over a medium heat, add the chorizo and allow the fat to come off the sausage, for about 3 minutes or until it has a nice aroma.  Add in the mince, salt and pepper and the cumin and cook off until the mince is brown. 

When the veg has simmered remove a third of the veg and set aside.  Liquidise the remainder until smooth and velvety.  Return the full veg to the pot and add in the meat.

 Cook for another 5 minutes altogether and the serve. 



Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have too!

No comments:

Post a Comment