Weightwatchers Tropical Chicken Dish
So the sun is still shining here in Dublin and i felt like my food should reflect this rare sighting of blue cloudless skies.
I wanted something meaty, but dark meaty on the bone with spices wafting from the meat but not too hot just a chilled amount of heat on a bed of brown rice with colorful veg and this is the product of the sun.
My other half actually said this is delicious and that's a compliment! This is all for a Weightwatchers Propoints value per serving of 10
Now for this i used seasoning called Tropical Seasoning. I bought it in the English Market in Cork which is a must see if your ever down that neck of the woods, however i do believe you can buy this in Asian stores. If you see it, get it, its a little taste of sunshine.
Weightwatchers Propoints per serving 10
Weightwatchers Propoints per Recipe 42Preparation Time: 60 minutes Including prep time
- 8 medium thigh (yield after cooking, skin removed) Chicken, thigh, skin not eaten
- 240 grams Rice, brown, medium-grain, raw
- 40 grams Peas, green, raw
- 1 medium Pepper, raw
- 100 grams Mushrooms, raw
- 4 cloves Garlic, raw
- 15 spray Oil
- 1 chicken stock cubes, dry
- 3 Tbl of Tropical Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5.
- Remove skin from chicken, place chicken in a non stick pan over a medium to high heat.
- Add the seasoning coating the chicken all over.
- Brown the thighs on all sides.
- Remove from pan and place on an aluminium covered roasting tin and cover with foil and place in the oven for 25 minutes
- Cook rice as per instructions giving 60g dry as an individual portion
- In a non stick pan over a low to medium heat add the peppers sliced and the button mushrooms halved with the garlic. Add a little spray oil and salt and cover for 15 minutes to sweat the veg
- Remove the chicken from the oven and remove the foil cover and place back in the oven for another 8 minutes to roast the chick.
- Cook the peas and then drain and add to the cooked rice
- Serves 1 thighs with 150g rice per person with as much veg as you like but omit the cooked garlic.
Nutrition Info (per serving)