Thursday 2 January 2014

Simple Start Soup


Simple Start is in full swing and I'm loving it.  It was exactly what I needed.  Sometimes when you know something too well, we can then become complacent and also our bodies become used to the usual routine.  

A good shake up can kick start our body into working hard again and also gives our brains a good work out. 

I know from my own experience and from my members, the fear of having no portion control can be a real worry, we don't trust ourselves with food.  There is also the fear that we have to be prepared all the time, which makes us feel that we are either in control all of the time or completely out of control (cough, Christmas, cough) but we can't find that happy medium. 

When I originally joined WeightWatchers there was a plan called the Core Plan, which would have similar principles to the Simple Start.  It took me 2 years to get the courage to try the plan and it was only because I had plateaued plus it was straight after Christmas and the usual out of control mentality was setting it.  I decided that If I wanted to keep the weight off I was going to have to learn out to trust myself and trust the process of WeightWatchers. 

Skeptically, I did it for the week.  I was full all of the time so I presumed that I would be up weight.  I had a big loss that week.  I think it was close to 5 pounds.  Which didn't happen to me, I was a pound a week girl. 

So my advice is this, while the momentum is in full swing, trust yourself and the WeightWatchers process and you can be sure of a weight loss.  

This is a simple soup, nothing fancy but it's gorgeous and thick and smooth.  It really does keep me fuller for longer.  I also find that I don't need the bread when I eat this soup.  You know sometimes on the zero Propoint soup, because you know it's zero Propoint you really make a 3 course meal out of your lunch.  Well this really does satisfy you. 

You could always add some shredded chicken and some sweet corn to this at the end and it would be delicious. 

WeightWatchers Simple Start Soup
Makes 6 portions
Freezes well.   

Ingredients 


2 Onions chopped, 
3 carrots, 
Half a parsnip, 
2 stalks of celery, 
Half a small turnip chopped, 
1 medium potato peeled and chopped, 
Salt & pepper, 
2 Tbl of Extra Lite Butter, 
2 veg stock cubes made up in 1 litre of boiling water and a shake of Arrowmat seasoning.

Directions 

Place all chopped veg into a large sauté pan, add the butter, salt& pepper and arrowmat seasoning.  
Cover with a lid over the lowest heat and allow the veg to soften.  Roughly 25 minutes. 
In the meantime, allow the stock cubes to dissolve in the boiling water. 
When the veg is soft, pour the water into the pot and bring to the boil, reduce heat and allow simmering for 30 minutes.
Blend with a hand blender, taste for seasonings and add more salt & pepper as needed. If adding chicken and sweetcorn, add at this point and allow to simmer for a few minutes. 

Serves with or without a crusty roll.


Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have to!

  . 

No comments:

Post a Comment