Tuesday 2 April 2013

Weightwatchers Easter Nests

Try to get rid of some Easter Eggs




Looking for a way to use up some of that tempting left over Easter eggs?

Well if your house is anything like mine, its possibly still full of chocolate.  There everywhere and they keep winking at me when I walk past them.  So, today I decided that I was going to start using them up and try to get rid of some of them.  

I have 2 children and to be honest them on their own are hard work.  Them with chocolate in their bellies? Crazy!


So I was looking for something really quick, really easy, yummy and something that would entertain the kids for a little while.  It worked.  Also each little nest worked out at a Weight Watchers Propoints Value of 4 which is really nice for an after dinner treat. 


I got the recipe for these little treats in an old Weight Watchers book.  They looked yummy so I converted them into Propoints and here they are for you to make. 


Easter Nests


Serves: 13 (I never can manage to do anything on a even number)
Preparation Time: 30 minutes

Refrigerating Time: 1 hour
Weightwatchers Propoints per serving: 4

Ingredients

120 grams Milk chocolate, plain, I used the shell of a small Flake Egg (14 pp)
5 rectangular biscuit Shredded Wheat, 100%
1 tablespoon Sweet Freedom Pancake Syrup
1 Tablespoon Connacht Gold Light
39 Cadbury Mini Egg Easter egg, candy coated chocolate, Cadbury's Mini Eggs
Instructions




Place chocolate, syrup and flora in a saucepan and over a medium heat melt and combine stirring occasionally.
Break up the shredded wheat.
Pour the chocolate mix over the broken shredded wheat and mix until completely coated.
Divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases.
Place 3 mini eggs on top of each nest.
Place nests in fridge for 2 hours until completely set.


Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment