Wednesday 5 June 2013

Chicken & Bacon Ceaser Salad


Succulent Chicken pieces with crispy streaky bacon, Ceaser sauce, parmesan, spring onion cherry tomatoes all topped on bed of mixed salad and a crunchy Broghies. 

So Monday was the Mini Marathon.  40,000 women, a handful of men dressed as women and sun.  

Seriously I have an Irish tan line because I got sun burned.  That has only ever happened once before.  It was a great day out.  The atmosphere was electric and it really highlighted how generous Irish people are with not only their money but their time aswel.  So well done to everyone who attempted it. 



This was the start of the mini marathon yesterday and just to let you all know that I was nowhere near the front.  In fact I didn't actually get over the start line until the race was started by 29 minutes and 49 seconds.  

Every year that I do the mini marathon, there is always something that I see that utterly restores my faith in the human race.  Yesterday I seen something brilliant.  I was just about to go over the bridge at Stillorgan.  In my head I was thinking, my backside is very sore when I see this young man dressed as a woman and everyone was clapping him.  

When I got up close, I realised, he had gotten to 6 km wearing the highest pair of heels I have ever seen.  Now I mean, to me they were taxi shoes, whereby you can literally only go from the taxi to the seat in these babies and there he was on his 6th km. 

The poor man looked how I would have looked after the first km wearing these shoes, but he told us that he was doing the marathon for breast cancer.  

So whoever he was, fair play to him and I really hope that he didn't need to go see a chiropodist the next morning after those heels. 

So with a sore bum and feet that are aching and with the sun shining, I have decided that for the duration of the sun, I will not be stuck in the kitchen.  This week could be our summer and I fully intend to enjoy it as best I can and I recommend that you all do the same. 

This ceaser salad is quick, simple and really tasty and perfect for eating alfresco. 

The cracker breads which are called Broghies work out at 1 WeightWatchers Propoint for 2 and I have to tell you they are huge.  I bought them in Dunnes Stores in the Ashleaf.  They are well worth a buy and as far as I know they are bringing out a gluten free one aswel.

WeightWatchers Propoints per recipe 12
WeightWatchers Propoints per serving 6
Serves 2

Ingredients

For the Dressing

100mls of Lighter than Light Mayonnaise
1 Tbl of garlic granules 
1 Tbl of lemon juice 
3 anchovies drained and patted dry (seriously even if you don't like fish, this is what you get in restaurants)
1 Tbl of water 
Salt & black pepper

For the rest of the salad

2 heads of little gem lettuce
2 Broghies
1 breast of chicken, diced and cooked
3 slices of Denny Instants Streaky bacon diced and warmed in the microwave for about 15 seconds
Sliced peppers, spring onions, cherry tomatoes and other veg of choice
1 Tbl parmesan

Directions

For the dressing, place all of the ingredients into a jug and with a hand blended, mix until it is entirely smooth.  Place in the fridge and keep cool until ready to use. 

Wash and spin dry the lettuce and place on top of each Broghies.  Add half the warm chicken to each broghie.  Mix the other veg through the chicken and lettuce.  Top with the bacon and pour half the dressing over each of the assembled broghie's. 

Divide the parmesan between the salads and serve. 



 Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment