Monday 11 November 2013

Filling & Healthy breakfast ideas


Filling & Healthy,

A little daunting to say the least.  What will I do if I have to spend my weekly allowance on butter and cheese?  I will have to sacrifice my sweet treats!

Do you find that at the end of your tracker week you are writing out an IOU to the following weeks tracker?  Are you a person that doesn't generally have a sweet tooth but your portions are too large?

If this is you, I would highly recommend that you try a F&H day.  I mostly do F&H now and I love it.  In fact I find it difficult to go back to the Propoints plan, purely because of the freedom that it gives you.   

It's great for eating out in pubs and carvery, I know, when you look at it you think no way, but it's actually really easy once you get your head into it. 

As you may know by now, I have the sweetest tooth and I was finding that I would reduce the amount of real food I was eating, just so that I would have enough propoints left over for my dessert.  Then I became a leader and the first week that I had to lead a class the topic was Filling & Healthy. 

You see I'm not a person who could carry out the class unless I was sure that I knew first hand how the program worked, so for the week beforehand, I made sure to follow the F&H program. 

From my classes, people's main concern is the breakfast, there's no weetabix, it's very limited and I do understand that but do most of us have the same breakfast Monday to Friday anyway, so maybe the limitations is only in what we do already. 

After my epic fail last week, I have been really on the band wagon and I decided that I was going to make my breakfast interesting.  So far here is what I have come up with and I have to say that I am loving it. 

 
I posted this the other day and a lot of you were asking what crumpets are allowed on the program.  So I contacted head office and found out what is actually classed as a F&H crumpet. 

I bought these in Dunnes Stores and I love them, there just sweet enough and I really do find them filling. 

These are available in Tesco but I have tried these yet. 


This is the nicest natural yogurt that I have ever tasted and with a sprinkling of sweetener, it's delicious and it really is creamy. 

This is a breakfast that will keep you going for definite. 


Did you all get your free Whites porridge sachet in class the other week.  Well I had forgotten how warming porridge is and I definitely embraced it this week with the weather changing.  

I used Almond milk and it makes it just so creamy.  I always have to make porridge in a pot, I don't know why but it just doesn't taste the same from the microwave. 

I topped mine with some cinnamon and then propointed the raisins and pumpkin seeds.  It added 1 propointed but it was so worth it.

You could also add in some sliced banana and top with a teaspoon of uncooked porridge oats if you like a little crunch. 


This is your Sunday morning grill.  I just used spray oil and added a little salt and it was divine, I really didn't feel like I was missing out.  Of course you could add tomatoes or make your own version of French toast.  There are always possibilities. 

On top of this you also have Shredded Wheat. 


So breakfast on the Filling & Healthy plan don't have to be boring, you just have to think outside of the usual box and read inbetween the lines. 

Use the plan to your on advantage and adapt it to how you like to eat.  This should not be a deprivation plan, this should be a plan about learning how to eat as little processed food as possible. 

I hope this helps, if any of you are thinking about making the change. 

Enjoy the Niptuck way, so you don't have to!

1 comment:

  1. Hi just found you to day,& I think we will be great friends...keep up the good work...love you blog's they are do true....lol

    ReplyDelete